Re: Installation of debian/stretch 32-bit error

Hi Steve,

> The hdX naming scheme went away a long time ago - all normal disks
> should be showing us as sdX whether they're connected via IDE (PATA),
> SATA, SCSI or whatever.
>
> Did the installer actually fail to install the bootloader? If so, what
> errors did you get?

The text gui offered me MBR, /dev/sda1 (mounted to /boot) and /dev/sda5
(mounted to /), then I choose mbr and got a red screen, with the very useful
information "The grub bootloader could not be installed".

But besides, as now is only /dev/sda, and /dev/hda is no more used, we shoud
close this issue. No one (except me) will install debian 9 on an IDE drive
nowadays!

I wanted just to know, if this is a bug with the "false" naming or unknown.

Now we know, this is wanted to, so no need to think over again.

Thank you very much for the information and the help!

Best regards

Hans