Re: Installation of debian/stretch 32-bit error

Hans wrote:

>I tried to install debian 9 on an older computer with an IDE hdd. The
>installation went fine, until the installer wantet to install grub into the
>mbr.
>
>The problem: The installer sees the drive as /dev/sda and not, as it should
>be, as /dev/hda.
>
>Then I tried to install the bootloader using TRK (Trinity Rescue Kit), this
>sees the drive as /dev/hda, but is telling me, that it can not be mounted due
>to false tags.
>
>My last installation on an IDE drive is very long ago, so Imight have missedf
>some changes. And afterwards, I was only using scsi and sata drives, so this
>issue never appeared.

The hdX naming scheme went away a long time ago - all normal disks
should be showing us as sdX whether they're connected via IDE (PATA),
SATA, SCSI or whatever.

Did the installer actually fail to install the bootloader? If so, what
errors did you get?

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane