Re: Can debian-live-9.0.1-i386-lxde be made to install from USB?

On 18.07.17 15:47, Darac Marjal wrote:
> Did you read the two yellow boxes at the top of that page?

No, it did not register as text, because it was block colour-guified,
which my (other side of 60) mind registered as "commented out - do not
read". The tiny fontsize visually confirmed that it must be
insignificant fine print. Reading the plain text usually works for me -
it just missed useful clues this time. Still, if it works for most, then
it's good enough.

> 1. If you simply want to install Debian and have an Internet connection
> on the target computer please consider the Network Install media which
> is a smaller download.
>
> 2. On i386 and amd64 architectures, all CD/DVD images can be used on a
> USB stick too.

> I can see your logic, but the webpage IS telling you that "Even if
> you're trying to install from USB, these are the images you REALLY
> want."

Yeah, whatever you do, someone will misread it. But why does the
"Download CD/DVD images using HTTP." link obscure the fact that it in
reality is "Download CD/DVD/USB images using HTTP." That would help
those of us who go straight to the download options to make a selection.
(Just a suggestion.)

Erik
(Who will make notes, as doing it the hard way is no fun.)