Re: How to gain control over the system?

Kaj Persson composed on 2017-07-11 22:29 (UTC+0200):
> ls -Al /home:

> drwxr-xr-x 39 kaj  kaj  16384 jul 11 17:23 kaj

OK...

> and from the command
> tree -qpadxugL 2 /home:

> /home
> │   ├── [drwxrwx--- root     kaj     ]  DATA
> │   ├── [drwxrwx--- root     kaj     ]  Hämtningar
> │   ├── [drwxrwx--- root     kaj     ]  Musik
> │   ├── [drwxrwx--- root     kaj     ]  Nedladd
Definitely not OK, making one wonder what lurks deeper or elsewhere.

> and from
> tree -qpadxugL 3 /home/kaj/.config:

OK only as deep as you went.

> I see nothing which gives me an idea of what is wrong. Are there any
> more files or directories to look at? In /etc perhaps?

You're not done looking. Until you get all the way to the bottom, you can't know
what else is wrong. You apparently need depth of at least 3 in the other hidden
directories, at least 4 in .config, and probabliy 4 or more in all.

Again:

	chown -R 1000:1000 /home/kaj/

as root should fix them all. If it doesn't, chown would seem to be broken.

Maybe this in addition?

	chown -R 1000:1000 /home/kaj/.*

Try MC in fullscreen mode. That way every listing you can see will display
ownership.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/