mdadm monthly check, anacron?

Hello,

By default, mdadm is set to run /usr/etc/mdadm/checkarray monthly to check the arrays for consistency: see /etc/cron.d/mdadm .  This is all well and good, except if the machine is off at that time.

Is getting anacron to pick this up on a monthly as simple as putting the relevant /etc/cron.d/mdadm into /etc/cron.monthly/mdadm ?  Should I add anything to my ~/.anacrontab/etc (which exists and successfully runs other jobs)?

Similarly: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdadm/+bug/1700728

Cheers!

--
Boyan Penkov