Re: WARNING: Libreoffice - Do not remove ~/.config/libreoffice

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 09:47:09AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > >
> > > bt? Is that the same Java crash? See
> > > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=865303
> > > and
> > > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=865866
> >
> > It is related, yes.  LO does something rather unexpected (and arguably
> > Not Good) to its stack on i386, and that clashes with the added kernel
> > protection against the "stack clash" vulnerability.
>
> No. Java does. LO just calls into the JVM. Other stuff having the JVM
> in-process (in contrast to calling "java") is also affected. See the reports.

I did, but maybe I have misunderstood something...

What I got from LKML is that LO (but not java) has a rwx weird
stack-guard page (Bad Idea), while the JVM has PROT_NONE stack-guard
pages between each thread-local stack.

Obviously, LO with java support would *also* trigger any issues the JVM
has with the stack-guard kernel changes.

--
  Henrique Holschuh