[Stretch] apt-get has no updates?

I think I might have a problem. I do the sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and ever since I have installed Debian 9 (after the official release) I have not seen any updates. Yet in Ubuntu 14.04 server there were updates to the kernel and to Apache. I've been watching Debian-Security and noticed there are some updates coming up. But I haven't seen any when I go to do the update.

More info:

I'm using KDE in Debian 9 (Stretch).
I did NOT install the "KDE" desktop when installing Debian 9. Intead I installe the kde desktop package *only* via the command line after installing Debian 9. This way I minimized a lot of the bulk and didn't have to install application I don't use (like juk and okular, for example).

- I have removed plasma-discover and plasma-discover-common because I prefer to do things the old-fashioned way - via the command prompt.

Here is my sources.list:

# Security
deb http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stretch/updates main contrib non-free

# Main
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free

# stretch-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free

# Backports
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-backports main contrib non-free
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-backports main contrib non-free

Am I really missing any updates? Or is there something wrong in my system? I really hate to install that plasma updater widget just to get updates.