Re: Stretch, pulseaudio and bluetooth headphones

On 06/29/2017 09:58 AM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hello the list!

Quite a while ago I bought a pair of Bang & Olufsen bluetooth headphones
and have been using them from Jessie.

The list may remember I had a little bit of a struggle getting them to
work with Jessie, which eventually turned out to be because I
unknowingly had 2 instances of Pulse running...

After that all has been working great, until I upgraded to Stretch.

After the upgrade, I was getting only mono sound.

I followed the instructions I found here -->
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=197482https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=197482

and moving the command to load module-bluetooth-discover so it isn't run
until X starts as described there fixed it. But I am not very
comfortable with the solution -- it feels like it is likely to get
undone in the future by an unsuspecting package upgrade.

Anyone else seen this? Are there better solutions to be had? (Solutions
that aren't likely to fall apart after I've forgotten what I did)

Make sure that pavucontrol is installed and that you use it to set up your headphones. Click on the "Configuration" tab and select stereo from the drop down list. Should work just fine as long as lsusb shows the device. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html