Re: [Stretch] Fix for not network after installing without desktop

On 06/26/2017 08:24 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
[snip]

If I had to guess, I would guess that the OP's system is a laptop, and
the OP is attempting to use a wireless network of some kind.  There may
be setups where n-m handles wireless stuff particularly well.

You guessed right. I am sorry I didn't think to add those details because I (probably wrongly) assumed it was something that just happens. I also had this issue with two laptops: A 10-yr. old Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 and a newer (I think about 4 or 5 yrs - forgot how old) HP Pavilion g7 2010-nr laptop. Both installing via WiFi using the firmware (non-free) install DVD (and no other DVDs). I was installing off a USB drive on both.

When I wrote the post, I assumed that it would do that because I was installing without a Desktop. I hadn't realized that maybe other factors may have been the reason.