Re: How did you update to stretch?

On 27/06/17 05:39, Brian wrote:
> It was. I am a creature of habit. I still reboot between upgrade and
> dist-upgrade when I eventually upgrade a machine from one distribution
> to another.

When one uses synaptic there is reload (update) and upgrade, it does not distinguish
between dist and non-dist upgrade.  I assume it is dist-upgrade.  So if synaptic has a new
edition (which I assume its dependencies may have been updated) it sounds wise to
upgrade it alone (w/ dependencies) and then restart it and run the upgrade.
Would these be correct assumptions?  In most cases I use apt, and synaptic when I am
searching for a useful package, due to descriptions, snapshots, etc.