Re: How did you update to stretch?

Am Montag, 26. Juni 2017, 08:26:38 CEST schrieb John Hasler:
> Hans writes:
Interesting! I did not notice apt, just used apt-get, apt-cache and so on.
Just read the manual of apt. However, aptitude has also its worth, as for me
it is faster to see, which dependencies are existent for the packages. I like
ncurses-guis.

Same is related to synaptic, which is good to fix dependency problems. However,
as far as I know, synaptic is just a frontend for aptitude and apt.

I do not want to blame any of these tools, as they might all have their goods
and bads. But it would be nice, if we could agree to ONE tool, which is to be
used for dist-upgrades.

And this should be well documented! At the moment IMO there are too many tools
and that makes it very confusing, doesn't it?

Ok,. now we have about 2 years, to find the best way till the next "stable".

Best

Hans