Re: Workaround {Re: One problem identified - was [Re: ARandR problems: Bug or opderator?]}

Richard Owlett composed on 2017-06-23 06:25 (UTC-0500):
.
>> I've identified one problem source.
>> At least sometimes after a power off shut down it comes up with the
>> laptop display selected as primary.
>> How can I force it to always come up with the VGA monitor as primary?
.
Maybe https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/fb/modedb.txt is what you need?

"You can additionally specify which output the options matches to.
To force the VGA output to be enabled and drive a specific mode say:
    video=VGA-1:1280x1024@60me

"Specifying the option multiple times for different ports is possible, e.g.:
    video=LVDS-1:d video=HDMI-1:D"
.
.
.
> My remaining problem is not knowing how to run the script automatically
> when a particular user logs in. [ARandR is designed as a 'per-user
> function']
> How?.
Must it only be for one specific user? If so, then it needs to be called by any
of several usual means for user-specific startup scripts. It won't be run simply
because it exists.

If OTOH global application will suffice, put it in /etc/X11/Xsession.d, which
will apply it as a consequence of using any GUI login greeter. If you wish it
applied to include the greeter, you can convert its content into an xorg.conf,
or maybe merge it into /etc/X11/ elsewhere somehow (which I've never managed to do).
.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/