Re: Reply-to-all or reply-to-list again

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:52 PM, Fungi4All <fungilife@protonmail.com> wrote:
> UTC Time: June 10, 2017 2:13 AM
>
> From: joel.rees@gmail.com
>
> On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 12:57 AM, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
>> Le primidi 21 prairial, an CCXXV, The Wanderer a écrit :
>>> Disagreed. This results in sending extra copies to people who are
>>> subscribed to the list, which is incorrect.
>>
>> Not if the list is properly configured.
>>
>> Debian's lists are badly configured, it results in burden to all users,
>> but the users should reject that burden. I do.
>>
>> I will not answer Gene's message, he obviously missed the whole point of
>> my mail.
>> Nicolas George
>
> And Now Google Doesn't Think Users Should Ever Set Headers.
> Progress is progress.
>

> Progress in a society comes when they collectively pursue in common
> something
> that would improve their lives and conditions.  If the few and powerful
> coerce or
> blackmail a society to move a certain direction because that advances the
> interests
> of the few I wouldn't dare call this progress.  Rarely in history did such
> moves lasted
> and stabilized, as for every action there is a reaction.  Just give it some
> time and
> the vast majority of the world will be really happy to see google/fb/ms
> collapse
> and vanish.  That may be progress, being without the pests.
>
> Would you call android and win10 progress?  I hope not.  Vehicles were
> progress
> over horses and carriages in some respects, people walking and one in
> ten thousands being driven in a Rolls Royce where the passengers were
> covered
> and the driver was outside was not progress.  Model A was progress at
> a cost.
>
> Progress is not made by following rulers and those in power, it comes
> from the dialectic of resisting and reacting to power and oligarchy.
>
> Joel Rees
>

> (AK)

Yeah.

Progress is progress.

ahem. Sorry. I guess I forgot something.

{irony}Progress is progress.{end-irony}

--
Joel Rees

One of these days I'll get someone to pay me
to design a language that combines the best of Forth and C.
Then I'll be able to leap wide instruction sets with a single #ifdef,
run faster than a speeding infinite loop with a #define,
and stop all integer size bugs with a bare cast.

More of my delusions:
http://reiisi.blogspot.com/2017/05/do-not-pay-modern-danegeld-ransomware.html
http://reiisi.blogspot.jp/p/novels-i-am-writing.html