[solved] Re: Accessing USB storage attached to network router

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> writes:

> I plugged a USB storage pendrive into my ADSL internet router but don't know
> how to access it.  I tried putting in /etc/fstab something like:
>
>  //192.168.1.1/USB_storage /mnt/public cifs guest 0 0
>
> with no result: when I do `mount -a' it says:
>
>  mount error(115): Operation now in progress
>  Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

First of all, I had to set the USB drive as a `Managed partition' from the
router web GUI.  Secondly, its right address was `//192.168.1.2/Shared' and not
`//192.168.1.1/USB_storage'.  With these corrections, and the following line:

 //192.168.1.2/Shared /mnt/shared cifs rw,user,noauto       0       0

in /etc/fstab, I can now properly mount the USB derive as a normal user simply
with:

 $ mount /mnt/shared

and hitting `Enter' when prompted for password.  This said, and thanked all who
helped, I now wish to automatic mounting at start up but don't manage to.
Googling around I found many suggestions but no one that helped me.  On another
machine of mine, an old Acer Aspire One netbook, it works by putting in fstab
the following:

 //192.168.1.2/Shared /mnt/shared cifs rw,user,password=mypassword       0       0

where `mypassword' is *any* word.  On my desktop Lenovo, instead, it does not
work.  Please, any suggestion?

Thanks,

Rodolfo