Re: FOSS-friendly Wireless Access Point (WAP) for SOHO network?

David Christensen wrote:
> On 06/05/2017 07:14 PM, David Christensen wrote:
>> I am looking for a FOSS-friendly Wireless Access Point (WAP) ...
>
> Thanks everyone for the replies and information.  I'll need to re-read
> everything, STFW, and mull it over.

Bear in mind that certain countries (e.g. the USA) impose limits on the
devices such that the actual radio driver MUST be a binary blob.

A lot of people tend to get up in arms about this along the lines of
"the manufacturer is a dirty liar. They /say/ they're FOSS-friendly, but
they have these blobs and aren't providing the source!".  Have seen a
number of suggestions here, which may all be stellar -- but then be cut
off at the knees if you're in the US, or a country that imposes similar
regulations.

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947