Re: buying ssl certificate

On Qua, 31 Mai 2017, Don Armstrong wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2017, kc atgb wrote:
One problem I might have with letsencrypt is that it is not recognized
by all protocol clients. We have customers that are not always up to
date on their side (old OSes, softwares, hosts, ... ), and letsencrypt
is recent in the race, so not integrated on these devices.

Letsencrypt signs with a signing key which is signed by the DST Root CA
which has been valid since 2000, and should be present on almost every
device. [For reference, google.com is signed by a key which was
generated in 2002...]

So if it does have an issue with validity, it's an issue which many
SSL certificates are going to share.

According to themselves: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI