Re: Clairification - was [Re: Desktop Background Bites the Dust]

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:55:28PM -0500, Michael Milliman wrote:
> For me, though, the important aspect is will sxiv change the desktop
> background like feh will?

If all you want is to set the root window (desktop/background) image,
"xsetbg" from the xloadimage package will do nicely.

If you want additional features like thumbnail galleries, then I don't
have any recommendations, as I don't use such programs.