Re: [A bit OT] Diagnosing home network

On 2017-05-26, Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems like you read my original problem as slowness accessing the
> internet. That isn't the problem, I'm concerned about intra-LAN speeds.
> Haven't even got the length of worrying about internet speeds yet, since
> there are so many variables that can impact that, I have to be sure my
> end is in tip-top shape before I start poking at that.

Intra-LAN speeds; I thought you were speaking of transferring a movie file(?)
between two computers on your LAN, which couldn't proceed any faster than the
receiving end could write that file to disk? I mean, would that not be a
limiting factor, even with a quantum link?

--
"It might be a vision--of a shell, of a wheelbarrow, of a fairy kingdom on the
far side of the hedge; or it might be the glory of speed; no one knew." --Mrs.