Re: Oh no something has gone wrong! after reinstalling Debian and Gnome.

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 06:06:44PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> Looking up 8086:22b1 finds the keyword Braswell, which provides the all
> important date of introduction of it. It was introduced more than 8 months after
> Jessie, thus not supported by pure Jessie.
>
> Gnome *should* be working fine since he installed Stretch.

We had a user with a Braswell system (Intel Pentium N3710) in IRC
yesterday, and he was not even able to *boot* into stretch normally
(hard-locked with a black screen and no logs written to disk, even in
rescue mode, unless he suppled the "nomodeset" kernel option).  He could
boot jessie, but the graphics ran without acceleration.

There's definitely some room for improvement in Debian's support of
Intel Braswell systems.  But we'll need a whole lot more information.