Re: [A bit OT] Diagnosing home network

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 09:38:21 AM Gene Heskett wrote:
> You'll note no mention of wifi here as its turned off unless I have
> children visiting with their smart phones.  wifi is slower, and subject
> to being used by the neighbors as I found my net usage after the kids
> had been in was up about 80 Gb a month later.

You know there are security measures available for WiFi, right?  I do two
things, I use one of the more advanced encryption protocols (something like
WPA-2 (and maybe some more initials at the end??), and, I have it setup so
that it doesn't announce its presence--only if someone knows the name can they
try to enter a password and login.