Re: Debian Developers Have Been Listening!

On 20 May 2017 at 14:43, Cat <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 02:20:15PM +0100, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> If this is true and it is a doddle to convert an ordinary debian install
> with systemd running on it to the old sysvinit format then why is there all
> this sturm und drang and spam on this subject.......??

Fanaticism. For some it is not enough that it not be process 1. There can not
be a single solitary trace of it on the system. Anywhere. At all.

Purity above all.

​I think they should get to know some people who contracted a Clostridium difficile infection and had a stool transplant​.

See here:

​I guess they see system "as a System difficile" infection, but the developers have created their version of the stool transplant that works just fine.

Problem solved.

MF​

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."