Re: Debian Developers Have Been Listening!

On 20 May 2017 at 14:43, Cat <cat@zip.com.au> wrote:
On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 02:20:15PM +0100, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> If this is true and it is a doddle to convert an ordinary debian install
> with systemd running on it to the old sysvinit format then why is there all
> this sturm und drang and spam on this subject.......??

Fanaticism. For some it is not enough that it not be process 1. There can not
be a single solitary trace of it on the system. Anywhere. At all.

Purity above all.

​So, when I read some emails that sounded like there was a problem upgrading to a newer version of debian etc on a large number of networked machines connected to a server ​and I then began to think about how you would switch to running e.g. Gentoo or some other Linux distro and even tried posting something in an effort to be helpful, that was all pointless and I was being subtly trolled........

In fact what was really required was some psychotherapy instead.

Oh well....

MF

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."