Re: Debian 8.8 Released but can't get via apt-get?

RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net> wrote:

> I have 8.7 on my system and read that 8.8 is now available. I did an
> update yesterday (I prefer to do this at the command line). I'm still
> at 8.7, so after the announcement I did another update. I got no
> updates.  (sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> showed no updates available).

> Does it take awhile for the updates to get to the mirrors?

Yes.

> Or do I already have them? I thought if I had them then
> /etc/debian_version would show 8.8 but it doesn't. It still says 8.7.

You will have all security updates, if you stood on top of them.
There will be some non-security related updates, including a new version
of base-files containing /etc/debian_version, once the mirrors have all
been updated.

Be patient, young padawan! Eagerness the path to the dark side it is.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.