Re: Alternative for printer-driver-cups-pdf?

hello Brian,

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> writes:
> On Tue 02 May 2017 at 18:12:18 +0200, Felix Natter wrote:
>
>> does anybody know an alternative for PDF printing (from any application
>> that can print) to printer-driver-cups-pdf?
>>
>> The output of printer-driver-cups-pdf (in jessie and sid)
>> is really bad, see:
>> http://www2.inf.fh-brs.de/~fnatte2s/freeplane.pdf
>> (might not be viewable by in-browser pdf-viewer, save and open with
>> evince/okular to see the broken content: jagged edges, useless font rendering)
>>
>> The application I am using (Freeplane 1.6) cannot produce PDFs on its
>> own (due to incompatibility with the new SVG rendering).
>>
>> There was a bug #847462, but it's resolved and didn't seem to help.
>>
>> Any hints?
>
> brian@desktop:~$ file freeplane.pdf
> freeplane.pdf: PostScript document text conforming DSC level 3.0
>
> Do you want to start again? :)

I tried renaming the file to freeplane.ps, and get the same result when
viewing with evince ;-)

> What application produced this PostScript file?

Freeplane, a java mind map editor. I strongly assume that this is the
built-in java printing functionality. A screenshot of the printing
dialog is attached.

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter