Re: Debian/Raspbian server freezes - how to find out what is causing it?

Peter Irbizon wrote:

> I am using Debian/Raspbian on my RPi but few days ago it started to freeze.
> By freeze I mean, it is running headless server and I see line raspberry
> login: _ and cursors blinks. But once daily if freezes and cursor does not
> blink anymore. Machine is unreachable and I must power cycle it to restart
> it.
>
> How to find out what is causing it?

  instead of lingering at the login: screen why
not actually sign on and leave it with the journalctl -f
(-f is the same as --follow) screen?

> When sometimes my RPi freezed in the past (once per 6-12 months) it showed
> me for example journal error or some kind of meaningful error message. But
> now nothing, just cursor stops blinking. I am pretty helpless without any
> error message. And nothing is in logs, too.

  what version are you running?  have upgrades
been applied?

  which logs are you looking at?  perhaps there is
another you're missing...

  is there a raspian community forum someplace?
(i'm not familiar with it and have no idea what it
would do or look like running headless).

  songbird