Re: Measuring aggregate internet useage?

On 04/24/2017 05:58 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 04/24/2017 04:22 AM, Dan Purgert wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
Can I do what I want?
What background reading should I do?
A major motivation is self education.
TIA

Best check would be t-mobile's site showing how much data you've used.

Their records are focused on monthly totals.
I'm focused on a 4 or 5 hour time block encompassing activities with
doing a netinst. It would include not only the data from repository but
my web searches when finding out that what I "knew" just wasn't true.

Sure, the card's local info may be close

"... card's local info ..."???
That suggests that exactly the desired data may be available

I see two general problems with the usage apps I found:
 1. They are too focused on groups of packets to/from specific IP
    addresses.
 2. I don't see how they could be active during an install without
    a significant rewrite of the installer.

If there were user accessible registers with a running total of
uploaded/downloaded data since device power on would be almost ideal
granularity.

I haven't looked at T-Mobile's pages about the Z915 in months.
Will report back if I find something.
Are there other Z915 users here?
Thank you.

I feel sheepish rather than as wise as an owl ;{
Documentation is at
 https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-29076 .
Exact data desired at
 http://mobile.hotspot/index.html#traffic_statistics .

Had I not just said "... when finding out that what I "knew" just wasn't true."

The documentation page was even in my bookmarks.