Re: Intel I281-LM network card not working with Debian Stable

On 21/04/17 22:27, Siebrand Klein wrote:
Dear Debian-users list,
I have a computer with one Intel I218-LM and two Intel I210 network
adapters.
The I210's are found correctly, but the I218 isn't.
Can anyone give me some advice on how to get the I218 up and running? I
found some (old) information that a newer version of the e1000e kernel
module might help, but I would like to stick to the standard distribution
files. If it is necessary to update, preferably to some testing packages
then...

A 4.9.18 kernel from jessie backports would likely be more compatible with stable than a kernel from testing. Note that stretch is almost released (it will soon be the new stable) and contains the same kernel. If you are not ready to upgrade, then jessie backports is in my view your best option for an upgraded kernel:
https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

There are no guarantees that 4.9.18 will fix your issue. I218-LM should be supported in 3.16; support might be improved in 4.9.18:
http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/E1000E.html

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>