Re: Actually [Re: Some spam]

Yes, listmaster@lists.debian.org does.

> I see these types of things come through periodically -- and 1 delete
> on the front end could prevent a lot of woe.

We discard large swaths of spam. Some inevitably makes it through.
People replying to known spam doesn't help, though.

See https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/ListArchiveSpam for what
you can do to help

> *Even more so* -- it seems like unauthorized users can email this
> list?
>
> Why not just restrict it to people who have subscribed?

Because that just adds more hoops to jump through for people with a
legitimate question, and lots of spam forges From addresses nowadays,
anyway.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for
the people.
 -- Oscar Wilde