Re: info

On Sunday 09 April 2017 12:14:16 Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 04/08/2017 05:21 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> >>
> >> KDE has [at least as configured by red hat] toolbar at bottom of
> >> screen. XFCE can be easily configured that way.
> >
> > TDE also - yoyu can have the panel wherever you want it.
>
> Add MATE to the list.
> I suggest obtaining a Live-CD for each of several Desktop Environments.
> You may that another feature of a specific DE will rise in importance.
> These may downloaded
>   { https://www.debian.org/CD/live/ }
> or purchased
>   { https://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/ }.
> In a quick search I did not find a Debian Live-CD for TDE.

Simply for trying the desktop, there is the Devuan one (which is what became
of the Debian one!):
http://exegnulinux.net/

> However there is one for Ubuntu (a Debian derivative) which should serve
> for a "test drive" of the DE
>   { https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/LiveCDs }.

Which is referenced here by its own name - Exe GNU-Linux.  When I first saw it
I wondered why a Linux distro was named after a Windows binary.  The answer
is, it isn't.  It is named after the River Exe in Devon, England.

Thanks for that link Richard - I was about to supply it, as I should have done
in the first place, but lo! you have done so.

Lisi