Re: If Linux Is About Choice, Why Then ...

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 20:12:53 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:

> Am 05.04.2017 um 20:05 schrieb Dan Ritter:

>>> what problems exactly do you have which are caused by systemd?
>>
>> We have our own applications, built over the last 19 years, that are
>> managed by sysvinit scripts which are handled by a configuration
>> management system that we built and open-sourced before Chef or Puppet
>> were born. Nobody wants to rewrite all of this. Initial testing of
>> systemd compatibility were negative, and nothing looked so easy to fix
>> that someone jumped up and said "I'll do that!"
>>

> Any specifics? What problems did you run into with the sysv compat
> support in systemd?

Do you feel confident whit it Michel Biebl? My clients could not feel
confident whit it!

"Community

Systemd is a lively project with dozens of developers from various
companies, including Red Hat, Samsung and Intel. It integrates
contributions from even more individual contributors: to this date, 438
authors, with 63 having at least 10 commits. It can also be noted that
two of the Debian maintainers have commit permissions."

https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd