Re: installer defaults for desktops (was Re: Suggested edit)

Catherine Gramze wrote:

>I am suggesting, not "demanding" that the netinst installer refuse to
>continue when it is not going to be able to successfully complete the
>installation due to no network connection. This does not prevent
>anybody from backing out of the installer after the reboot to get a
>base system only should they so desire. It simply helps the new user
>get what they want, a working system with a graphical desktop.

Catherine, I'm curious - when was the last time you installed Debian
using d-i? I've now seen you several times write (like above) about
"backing out of the installer after the reboot". Are you talking about
a second stage of d-i after it's installed the base system?

< liw> everything I know about UK hotels I learned from "Fawlty Towers"