Re: aptitude is dangerous - any replacement?

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:31:29PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
I've just noticed that aptitude upgraded packages from unstable to
experimental versions (just with 'U' from the UI) without any warning!!!
Again.

Is there any replacement? Or a way to make aptitude ignore
experimental packages?

Note: I still want to keep experimental in my sources.list for the
cases where I *explicitly* request experimental packages.

You could try creating a file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d with the following content:

	APT::Default-Release "unstable";

man 5 apt.conf" says the following:

	 Default-Release
Default release to install packages from if more than one version is available. Contains release name, codename or release version. Examples: 'stable', 'testing', 'unstable', 'stretch', 'buster', '4.0', '5.0*'. See also apt_preferences(5).

For more information, please reread.