Re: Where is data stored when Synaptic scans DVDs?

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 02:27:47AM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Brian, I squirmed.  "Data is" ... I can just about handle.  I CANNOT (yes, I
> can shout too!!!!!) handle "agenda is".  Agenda are always more than one
> thing.

That is not how the word is used in current English.  Just run "dict
agenda" on Debian (if dict is installed), and it'll show you several
definitions, from several different sources, most of them showing "agenda"
as a singular noun.

The only source that shows it as a plural is the venerable 1913 Webster
(the last time a published work in the USA entered the public domain;
thanks, Disney).  At some point in the last 104 years, the word's usage
has evolved.  Sorry, but that happens from time to time.