Re: radeon black screen

David Wright composed on 2017-03-13 23:43 (UTC-0500):

When you say get rid of drivers, is that just things like
xserver-xorg-video-foo, or do you also mean things like
kernel modules?

1-In the context of only FOSS in use, I had only Xorg in mind.

2-In the context of proprietary drivers having been installed: everything, completely clean house. I never pay any attention to or use proprietary drivers, so can't presume what if anything they do to or with the kernel that could interfere with having FOSS work as expected. FOSS drivers unusually need users to tinker with kernel modules.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/