Apology to siduction 17.01 (was Re: why??why?why??)

Out of my frustration and lack of understanding, or the belief that all
systems should run as trouble-free as clean-debian, and possibly due to
just getting tired of fighting something too long, I bad-mouthed
siduction in public.

My source of frustration came from fighting an installation in a tired
old system (64bit) and a mediocre not so smart monitor.  Most installers
and systems I've seen use 800x600 as their boot/grub screen.
Siduction probably doesn't have access to an old monitor.  What this
meant was the screen would blank out and have an internal error showing
not-compatible meanwhile the grub time would expire and boot up
eventually to a graphical login screen.  So I thought some weird boot
system prevents me from seeing what's going on or giving me options, so
in effect I lost access to all other installed systems.

With a clean head and a different pc I went in as root and looked on the
usb what the grub config looked like and simply replaced the high
resolution to an 800x600 and delayed the default boot sequence just in case.

Siduction ... the best grub-configuration I have seen yet, once you can
get to it and edit it :)

Sorry Siduction!
kAt

PS  But you (siduction) should lower your graphics expectations down a
notch or two.  There are some 1024 monitors still around.

PS2  Maybe a way to scale back and confirm visibility of the grub menu
before it boots the default may help, if you MUST high a high definition
grub screen.

PS3  Being more confident I can back up and restore my experimentation
with siduction really did help as well ;)  dd/xorriso and all!

PS4  More than a week ago when I subscribed to their forum "I asked" on
why would their installer not run on very similar systems.  Never
thought the monitor was IT.  I got no response from them ... but I
assume small teams of developers can't address everyone's complaints.

GiaThnYgeia:

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG