Re: No sound-inputs but sound recording FMIT

Gene Heskett writes:
> Very simple. With the glaring exception of the modern AC induction motor
> that in 99% of the stuff we buy, ANY other generator can also be used as
> a motor...

Induction motors can function as generators.  You just need to connect
them to an appropriate AC source and drive them above synchronous speed.

GiaThnYgeia writes:
> So, are you saying the standard motherboard beeper/speaker (the one
> that beeps when you hit too many keys at once or that bios is telling
> you I am booting up ... any minute now beeeeepp) is a microphone that
> feeds sound back into the system and mysteriously debian is allowing
> it to be recognized as an input device.

No, due to the absence of all the other parts needed deliver any signals
generated by the speaker back to the computer (not to mention that it
would make a very poor microphone).
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com