Re: No sound-inputs but sound recording FMIT

On 2017-03-05, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:
> On 2017-03-04, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> GiaThnYgeia wrote:
>>
>>> PS  Suddenly, the noises in one's head that nobody else hears are
>>> recorded by one's only true friend, the PC   :)) :)))
>>
>> Paranormal activities :D
>>
>> I think it could be some voltage induced by physical contact.
>>
>> Think logically - if there is no mic or nothing plugged in to your inputs,
>> then nothing can be recorded.
>
> Georges Charpak hypothesized the possibility of restoring the voices of
> ancient potters "recorded" in the microscopic grooves of earthenware
> deformed by their voices as they worked.
>
> Interesting idea, anyway.
>
>> regards

In case this wasn't clear: we're imagining clay being fashioned upon a
potter's wheel, and the striations that occur in the clay as it is
molded (which might possibly produce, according to Charpak's conjecture,
a sort of analog audio recording of ambient sounds in the finished
product, e.g.--"Hey Mosche, got any more of that Egyptian beer we were
drinking the other day?" spoken in some obsolete language no one has
ever heard before).

--
"It might be a vision--of a shell, of a wheelbarrow, of a fairy kingdom on the
far side of the hedge; or it might be the glory of speed; no one knew." --Mrs.