Re: No sound-inputs but sound recording FMIT

Curt:

> In case this wasn't clear: we're imagining clay being fashioned upon a
> potter's wheel, and the striations that occur in the clay as it is
> molded (which might possibly produce, according to Charpak's conjecture,
> a sort of analog audio recording of ambient sounds in the finished
> product, e.g.--"Hey Mosche, got any more of that Egyptian beer we were
> drinking the other day?" spoken in some obsolete language no one has
> ever heard before).

I don't know about clay, it sounds more probable that prehistoric voices
affected reflected light to the universe and its returning reflection
may incorporate data that when decoded may reveal those voices.  In
other words some prehistoric sounds may not be heard yet.

Back to shanity, how does a microphone produce an electrical wave that
can be translated into sound and how a wave may take the form of
electrical current that produces sound through a speaker?  It is not
like particle acceleration science, it is stuff that many guitarists now
and most guitar repair-persons know.  The question that is relevant to
the list is why would a security minded system allow such noise to be
communicated?  Whatever that noise is, it shouldn't be there, as if it
is there it can be anywhere.

Your appeal for case dismissal is denied!

By the way, it takes about 3' to download FMIT or something similar,
lower the db cutoffs and increase the frequency range and if it is not
there we may have something to compare.  I don't readily have a laptop
with a battery strong enough to stay on without AC, I assume they have
less electrical noise.  My noise is around 21,5KHz-23KHz with an
emphasis around 22,2...  which can't be random, but abrupt vibrations on
the case register within that noise wave.  We are in the 220v/50hz
world, so it would be interesting what the noise freq. is on 110v/60Hz

... wait did you hear that?  It is the noise of your world crumbling ;)

--
 "The most violent element in society is ignorance" rEG