Re: Stretch & Safely Replacing systemd?

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 22:24:46 +0100 (CET) Aquarius <aquarius@tutanota.de>
wrote:

> Maybe Devuan would meet your requirements of using the init system
> you would like to use. It is not on Stretch yet but on Jessie.

I'm aware of Devuan and tested it in VirtualBox.  At the
time ( a year ago), it was still pretty rough around the edges.
Unfortunately, it's still in Beta. I checked just a couple days ago.  I
also looked at AntiX and mx-16. They are systemd free, too, but as with
Devuan both are based on Jessie.. I doubt if they'll have Stretch-based
releases ready within my timeframe. Plus, I can't do a custom install
with the latter two (start with a terminal-only system), or I haven't
found a way so far. That's why I'm seriously considering Stretch
itself along with all the trouble of ridding it of systemd (or as much
of it as I can).

Thanks, anyway, for the recommendation.