Re: A minimal relational database in Debian

On 03/01/2017 09:00 AM, Joe wrote:
On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 07:48:37 -0600
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

On 03/01/2017 06:37 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 06:33:58AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:

[...]

How do you increase fontsize on the LibeOffice (writer) toolbar
and dropdown meuns?? [closed] - Ask LibreOffice
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/31736/how-do-you-increase-fontsize-on-the-libeoffice-writer-toolbar-and-dropdown-meuns/

Unacceptable. It affects the size of _everything_, not just font
size. I collided with with a fatal side-effect. I tried a too
large factor. Now the "accept" button is now off screen and *NOT*
accessible. Don't see any option short of reinstall to resolve.
I consider LibreOffice *DOA*

How about filing a bug report? That won't solve your problem
*right now*, but... you know, giving back and that.

I'm not sure it's a "bug" in the "bug report" sense. It's more likely
a logical outgrowth of some basic design decisions made to meet the
perceived needs of a target audience. I'm not a part of that
audience. I found too many other things that grated during my
(admittedly surface) survey of LibreOffice.

There is no target audience for text too small to read. It's a bug.
It's not a bug on my system (LO 5.2.5.1 on sid/Xfce4) because my Base
windows look like other windows, in terms of font size. That's not a
problem I've ever had with it. It may be an artefact of your window
manager and whatever graphics toolbox is in use.

That triggers another question to be investigated.
I'm using  LO 4.3.3.2 on Jessie(8.6.0)/MATE .
I do not have the bandwidth to do a Netinstall.
Would any bug I file get anything but "won't fix" since I'm so out of date?

Yes, LibreOffice and especially Base is buggy. You will use it if, even
with the bugs, you find it to be overall more useful than anything else
for some of your purposes, just as I do. Once this bug is fixed...