Re: A minimal relational database in Debian?

On 28/02/17 02:17, Richard Owlett wrote:
The last time I needed a relational database my employer was using
dBaseII on a MS-DOS machine.
What is a functional equivalent in the Debian repository?
I looked at at LibreOffice Base. It was unusable as its "help" system
provided no intrinsic way to increase fonts to a legible size.
https://packages.debian.org/stable/database/ was not useful as it
doesn't categorize the list.
Suggestions?
TIA

You can make minimal use of PostgreSQL. Easy to install and configure on Debian. Robust and runs well unattended. Thoroughly documented. Check out pgAdmin, which can administer and manage your database. It includes a table editor.

It sounds to me like you want a configurable CRUD front-end. Do you want a web interface?

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director