Cepstral swift and Debian Stretch

Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to install a tommercial TTS from Cepstral on my Debian
Stretch system, and get the following when running swift:

/usr/local/bin/swift: 12: exec: /opt/swift/bin/swift.bin: Exec format
error

My system dual-boots Debian Stretch and Arch Linux, and the same
Cepstral executable, swift, runs without error on Arch, but fails with
the above error on Debian, same hardware for both of course.

Cepstral support was unable to help, except to say other users run it
on Debian, Ubuntu, and even (gasp) Raspberry Pie.

Anybody seen this? or have a suggestion? or use it successfully?

Chuck

--
When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.
Willoughby Ohio