Re: sysvinit - call for testers of 2.88dsf-59.9

Jimmy Johnson writes ("Re: sysvinit - call for testers of 2.88dsf-59.9"):
> Hi Ian, I ran your test, just so you know I have /user on root.
> # uname -a
> Linux jimmy-1 4.9.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.6-3 (2017-01-28) x86_64
> GNU/Linux
>
> Before your patch: # cat /proc/1/comm
> systemd
>
> After your patch: # cat /proc/1/comm
> init
>
> So I am now running an init system with no ill effects and my system is
> not trying to change the way it's running when I run "upgrade-system"
> and that is a good thing.

Thanks for the report.  I'm not sure exactly what you did, but I think
that your computer no longer wants to switch from systemd to sysvinit
is not due to anything in my recent upload.  (Unless, just possibly,
this is due to the new multiarch changes and your system is
mixed-arch?)

But I'm glad to hear that things are more like you want them to be.

Regards,
Ian.