sysvinit - call for testers of 2.88dsf-59.9
If you are running testing (stretch) and using sysvinit, I'd
appreciate it if you could install the new sysvinit packages from
This version, 2.88dsf-59.9, is a rather-late update to fix some bugs
which are important for stretch.
In particular, I would like to know whether this sysvinit works with a
fresh sid install with merged-/usr.
The relevant binary packages are these:
The builds for ARCH=amd64 are in sid right now. The builds for other
arches will be available from the buildds soon, I think.
The changelog, which shows the changes I'm particularly keen to have
tested, is below.
If I get favourable test reports I will ask the Debian release team
for a freeze exception so that these bugs can be fixed in stretch.
sysvinit (2.88dsf-59.9) unstable; urgency=medium
[ Martin Pitt ]
* Mark sysvinit-utils as Multi-Arch: foreign, like sysv-rc and initscripts.
[ Michael Biebl ]
* Demote priority of sysv-rc and initscripts to optional.
[ Petter Reinholdtsen ]
* Avoid remounting tmpfs, linprocfs and linsysfs on kFreeBSD
(Closes: #833687). These file systems are not remountable. The
change avoid a warning from mount. Based on Patch from Jon Boden.
[ Ian Jackson ]
* Add myself to Uploaders, as part of adopting the package.
Closes:#811377 (RFA bug).
* Add Benda Xu to Uploaders, as requested in #811377.
[ Ben Hutchings ]
* Keep /usr mounted read-only on shutdown (Closes: #757083)
-- Ian Jackson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 12 Feb 2017 21:55:39 +0000
Ian Jackson <email@example.com> These opinions are my own.
If I emailed you from an address @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk, that is
a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.