Re: DNS hits

On 11-02-2017 21:11, Glenn English wrote:

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Henning Follmann <hfollmann@itcfollmann.com> wrote:

Does your DNS answer recursive queries?

Oh, my lord. I didn't think it did -- I tried to configure BIND to do recursion only from my net. I just tried it from an external IP, and sure enough, it gave me an address for www.abc.com. But I just saw another config option that turns recursion off completely.
I turned it off, and as expected, there's no recursion -- from my net or anywhere else. Bears a little more looking into. Surely there's a way to get BIND to do this little trick. Hopefully without going to that public/private mess. BIND is a mixed blessing.

Naturally there is: in the options section (on Debian, in file named.conf.options) put
allow-recursion {
  <list of hosts>
};

--

Meu estilo é incentivar a controvérsia e estimular as pessoas a dizer o que pensam

--James Burke

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br