Re: Software collections in Debian?

> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 10:55:24AM -0600, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
>>Does Debian support the "software collections" machinery from RedHat? Or will
>>it support them in the near future? Googling indicates that the answer is "no"
>>but I can't find a flat-out statement so far. Thanks...Nick G
>
> I suspect that these are called "tasks" in debian. See the "tasksel"
> program for more details.

That's what I thought until I looked it up.

 With Software Collections, you can build and concurrently install multiple
 versions of the same software components on your system. Software Collections
 have no impact on the system versions of the packages installed by any of the
 conventional RPM package management utilities.

--
“It is enough that the arrows fit exactly in the wounds that they have made.”
Franz Kafka