Re: [(fwd): Debian/Stretch - network-manager_1.4.4-1 and libbluetooth3_5.43-1]

* Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> [060217, 00:16]:
> On 2/4/17, Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> wrote:
> > [...]
>
> Was your email signature attached to wherever this didn't arrive? I
> just... I found this in my sp am bucket so maybe that's why it never
> arrived where you sent. Maybe the signature is triggering something? I
> [...]
Yes, it was, and it's 'pure text', no evil in it ;)
Perhaps the addresses I used (shown in the 'apt-cache show' of the two
pkgs, are reserved to developers. Theu were rejected with '550
Unroutable address'.

> > [...]

> You said that you found what you needed in /var/cache/apt/archives?
> The impression I got was that this is where deletions were going to be
> made. Is it that you happened to have an older archive dotDeb that is
> being left alone because it's pre this deletion thing?

Yes, the older version 1.4.4-1 had been preserved, whereas the new one,
1.6.0-1 had vanished.

> Where are you seeing packages deleted from?

No, I modified the default behaviour creating the file '01Keep-debs' in
'/etc/apt/apt.conf.d' as suggested by the warning during the upgrade.

> [...]

> Upon reading that something IMPORTANT was going to start being quietly
> deleted as a default, my reaction was something along the lines of...
>
> An itty-bitty tiny little freakout for a second.
>
> And pretty much for the kind of reason it sounds like you're saying here.

Well, we don't know the underlying reason of this choice...

> The more I think back on it, I specifically monitored dotDeb archive
> file deletions for a few days after that message appeared, but I never
> saw anything change.

I heve no clue to this.

> [...]

> specifically k/t the fear of being cut off if I don't have the right

What does 'k/t' mean? (Sorry, I'm not English mother tongue!)

> Just thinking out loud. I really don't have any other feedback...
> except maybe...

I hope that is not for me!

> Cindy :)

Regards, Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)