Subject: Debian/Stretch - network-manager_1.4.4-1 and libbluetooth3_5.43-1
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 20:27:00 +0100
To: Debian Bluetooth Maintainers <pkg.bluetooth.maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Cc: Utopia Maintenance Team <pkg.utopia.maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>

Hi!
As you certainly know (and I learnt recently), in the oncoming
Debian/Stretch version, the network-manager pkg depends on libbluetooth3
so that when this package is removed network-manager will be removed as
well.
Now, considering that - if I understand well - the Stretch default
policy will be to delete all downloaded packages once they have beeen
installed (unless you modify default), a newby could have problems to reconnect.

AAMOF it happened to me a few days ago when, while struggling to pair an
apple wireless keyboard, I removed all bluetooth related packages and
remained 'isolated' from the world. Luckily enough I had a
network-manager package in the /var/cache/apt/archives and could solve
my problem.

Of course, the deletion of network-manager is announced when you remove
libbluetooth3 but I think it should be stressed by a stronger axplicit warning,
also considering that while removing bluetooth one would not expect that
network-manager will vanish altogether and could not notice the weak
'Remv network-manager ...' amon others.

Thank you for the nice result of your work.
Best regards,
       Ennio

----- End forwarded message -----

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.   \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"  (diceva Henry Miller) ]    (°|°)