Re: Android phone access in Dolphin does not work

Gary Dale wrote:

> On 02/02/17 08:03 AM, RLewis wrote:
>> Hi Gary --
>>
>> Gary Dale wrote:

>> accessing

>> the
>> which

>> but

>> phone

>>> I went to install kdeconnect on my desktop but it was already installed.
>>> I installed the app on my phone but it can't see anything to connect to.
>>>
>>> I reinstalled kdeconnect on my desktop but still nothing, whether the
>>> phone is connected to USB or just attached wirelessly. Any ideas on
>>> what's going wrong?
>> Have you tried "Refresh" on the phone?  If not, then tap on either the
>> three-dot menu on the upper right or the menu on the lower right.  If
>> your desktop still isn't listed under Available Devices, and it has its
>> own IP address, you can add it to KDE Connect on the phone -- press
>> either menu, then "Add devices by IP".
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robert
> Verified my desktop's IP address and added it but when I go back to the
> KDE Connect Devices panel, it still isn't there even after a refresh.
>
> I don't see a menu on the lower right.
Sorry, my mistake -- I meant lower left.  It doesn't really matter since
it's the same menu as the upper right.

> What I've got is something on the
> top left that when I press it, it shows me my phone and an option to
> "Pair new device" that simply takes me back to the Devices panel.
>
> My desktop's IP address remains in the Custom device list panel but
> never shows up anywhere else.
>
> I've verified that my phone is on my local network.
>
> I found kdeconnect-cli on my desktop but it also shows no devices.

It sounds like you've done everything correctly.  If both your phone and PC
are connected to the network, I think it should just work.  The only other
suggestions I have are to add your hostname and/or your
<username>@<hostname> in the "Add devices by IP" screen.

The KDE Connect Community Wiki doesn't have much information, but does have
a troubleshooting tip if you're behind a firewall.

About your USB connection:  Do you have kio-mtp installed?  I can connect to
my phone that way, too.  Just make sure that the phone's USB PC Connection
is set for MTP.

All the best,
Robert