Re: Can't make writable USB thumbdrive installer anymore

On Thu, 2 Feb 2017, David Griffith wrote:

14) syslinux /dev/sdb1

The version of syslinux in the Wheezy repos is 4.05. The one in Jessie repos is 6.03. I built the earlier version on the Jessie machine to cover the possibility that syslinux itself is causing the problem. That hypothesis appears to be true. I'll do some poking around to see just when this breakage happened and file a report.

--
David Griffith
dave@661.org